Saturday, June 13, 2009

Harrah Farms

Things have been busy around the ol' homestead. Now that we are tending to the animals there is less time for blogging. Here are a couple pics of our "ladies"
Right now we have 35 chickens that we are hoping will lay eggs soon. Late last month we did have a massacre and lost 23 chickens in the middle of the night. Something large & hungry dug into their coop and had a feast. We are hoping that doesn't happen again.


And here is a holiday dinner. OK, I know that seems cruel, but who doesn't like a good ham at Easter. We just got these 3 little pigs today and so far they don't stink too bad. We are trying to think of some good names....any suggestions?
Jack & his 3 pigs...he is so fearless when it comes to animals. He always wants to pet his chickens, I wonder when he will ask to ride the pigs.



I thought this picture was cute because the both have their hog boots on and seem to be on a mission. Jack knows that we have to go out and feed the chickens every night and he is such a big help. He was born to be a farmer.





2 comments:

The Chin family said...

Jen, this cracks me up--my parents are just getting ready to start raising their own chickens too. I didn't realize you guys have that much space. Good luck!!

The Miller family said...

You are farming???? :) Ha! I am always talking Jamie out of being a hobby farming doctor. A few free range chickens wouldn't be to bad! I miss you!!!!! We can always take a trip to Harrah farmstead...I know that would make the girls very happy! Hope all is well!